An estimated 300,000 Americans contract Lyme disease every year. My dad, daughter, and I are three of them. (Click here to read my daughter’s story on my author website.)
Here at OurLymeJourney.com, I’ll share must-have information about this tick-borne disease. Journey with me and others as we illuminate a path toward prevention, early diagnosis, and effective treatment.
Learn how to recognize Lyme disease as the Great Imitator. Untangle the controversies about the diagnostic tests. Become your own best advocate and get the upper hand on this too-often debilitating disease.
This blogged book will include four parts, dozens of chapters, and at least a hundred or two blogs. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the content I’ll be covering:
Part One: Our Family’s Story
- What on Earth is Wrong with Me?
- Saved by My Seven-Year-Old
- My Journey from Hope to Healing
Part Two: All About Lyme and Insect-Borne Infections
- Lyme’s History, Biology, and Global Threat
- Eleven Ways to Lower Your Risk for Lyme
- How to Recognize the Great Imitator
- Why Standard Testing Might Not Be Enough
- Lyme’s Common Co-Infections and Other Tick-Borne Diseases
- A Concerning and Controversial Theory
Part Three: Treatment Protocols for Tick-Borne Diseases
- Antibiotics and Anti-Malarial Medications
- Healthy Habits: Complementary Approaches to Treating Lyme
- Lyme Disease Triggers and Related Health Issues
Part Four: Stories of Friends and Family
The final segment of Never Alone: Our Journey with Lyme Disease is all about you! I’ve already had the honor of hearing many of your stories, and I hope to hear and learn from many more. If you’re willing to share your experiences with the world, I’d love to interview you.
Side note: Most of the part four memoirs will be exclusive to the published version of the book. Others will be exclusive to the blog.
Do you have a personal story you’d be willing to share about a tick-borne disease? If so, comment below or send me an e-mail from the Contact Me page.